Thursday, July 8, 2010

Answered prayer

So, living in the country with lots of coyotes, we've gone through 3 kittens.  We swore after the last one, that we kept mostly indoors, that we wouldn't get another one.  However, after nearly a year since loosing our last one, Kylinn still talks about her and asks for another kitty. 

I finally told her that she just needed to pray to God and ask Him to bring her a kitty because daddy and I just can't go get her another one.  After a few weeks and no kitty she was whining how God hadn't brought her a kitty yet.  I told her that we have to be patient with our prayers. 

So, today as Jeremy is driving home from Amarillo, hwy 287 is closed due to floodin, and he is having to zigzag around on the country roads to make it home.  He came to spot where water is rushing over the road and the city workers were there just warning traffic to slow down.  Jeremy sees on the very side of the road this little animal's head with water rushing over and around it.  As he got closer he realized it was a little kitty clutching onto the side of the road, shivering, cold, and scared, trying not to get swept away with the current.  So, he pulled up as close to it as he could and got out and saved the kitty. 

He called me to let me know, so I could get kitty litter, food, and water ready for it.  As I was getting it's stuff ready, I decided we should name it Moses, meaning drawn out of water.  When Jeremy got home I mentioned the name to him and he said that was exactly what he had thought we should name it, too.

No comments: