For the last 2 weeks I've been struggling with a little depression/gloominess. We've been busy, and I haven't had any breaks. Yesterday, I was really feeling it. I kept trying to talk to God throughout the day, but I was struggling. I also kept thinking that I needed to read the Bible, but I just didn't want to. When Jeremy got home, I couldn't even be happy because I knew he had to go to music/band practice for the evening.
I just felt like I needed to get out of the house. Throughout the week, I kept wanting to go outside, but just never made it. One thing that really recharges me, is being in the "woods". I love trees. I love all the different kinds of trees, the way the wind moves the leaves, the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves. I just feel so peaceful around trees. Unfortunately where we live, we don't have many trees. There are mesquite bushes, which the locals call trees, but they officially are not. The are just really tall and thorny bushes. Anyways, we have some of them on the back 3 acres with the horses, but the horses enjoy chewing on them, so they don't have many leaves and lots of the limbs have been broken off, and they just aren't pretty.
So, yesterday, when Jeremy got home, I asked him if we could go eat out, then while he's at practice I would take the girls to the lake to walk around it. It was so peaceful and fun. I really felt God's presence and my batteries recharging. As I was laying in bed, the Holy Spirit asked me if I have been taking a day of Sabbath. Then when I woke up this morning, I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to read Hebrews 4. I rolled over, turned on my lamp, and opened my bible. I was amazed that it was speaking of the Sabbath. I did not understand what I read in the chapter, so I went to Jeremy and began talking to him about it. Talking through it with him, a few things seemed to be a little clearer, but Jeremy told me that he didn't really understand all of it either. So, I have purposed it in my heart to meditate on the scriptures and listen to the Holy Spirit so I can obey the convictions that Christ is placing on my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment