Thursday, September 30, 2010

A call to Obedience!

Last week, one morning, I had a vision that I took my oldest two girls to go exploring in the back of our property while I let my youngest take her nap. But, while we were back exploring, our house caught on fire, and I didn't know. The vision was just a moment's time and I was back to my normal morning routine. I forgot all about it until my middle child woke up and came running to me saying, "mama, mama, I had a bad dream. We went exploring in the back and our house got fired!". My eyes grew big and I hugged and kissed her and said " I had the same dream baby."

I then knew that I needed to take this as a warning and not do that, but also that I should pray. I begin my prayer with "Lord, do not let me stop praying until you have taken care of this, and we rest in your safety." It has been a full week now and that vision was still tugging at my heart, telling me that it is still a danger to my family of happening.

So, as I began on my drive to Austin, TX today for my adoption/orphan care conference, I began praying about it some more. That's when the Holy Spirit reminded me that He has told me to give away Morgan's winter clothes from last year to a new friend I have met. But, I had continually made the excuse to not do it in case the next child I have will be a girl.

That's when I picked up the phone and called my new friend to tell her that next week I'd like to bring her daughter some of my youngest daughters clothes. I hung up and immediately felt that dark pressing spot in my heart release.

I know in multiple scriptures and from experience that when you do not obey the voice of the Holy Spirit, then God can not hear your prayers.

The excuse that I was giving for not giving away her clothes was logical and common sense, but Oswald Chambers says, "never let your common sense become so prominent and forceful that it pushes the Son of God to one side."

We must immediately be obedient to what the Holy Spirit asks us to do. When we are not, then there are consequences for our disobedience. One of those consequences is the withdrawing of the Holy Spirit. All this week I have been emotional and unhappy, which is how I get when I am not in right relationship with God. I sense His quietness inside of me and I find no joy, happiness, or rest within me. It causes me to suffer, my family to suffer, and those around me that I could have been a blessing to, but most of all, I have taken the light off of my almighty and Sovereign Lord to bring Him glory!

No comments: